Monday, September 15, 2008

Full Moon Party


So yes I just had to see for myself although I have heard a myriad of reasons why its not all that anymore, we went with great company and no expectations :) The core crew was Mirjiam, Sophie and I but many others met up beforehand. We cooked Spaghetti and garlic bread, I made two different sauces, one veggie and one meat. We had about a dozen people for dinner it was hilarious because we had plenty of food but had to improvise the bowls and plates, haha. Then we had a few drinks got all painted up and caught a taxi to Haad Rin. By the time we got there around midnight it was full on chaos, the beach was packed with dancing drunks and the streets were full of vendors selling everything from glowtoys to flipflops to buckets of ice with a bottle of liquor/mixer and 6 straws, HA! We started out at a sushi place called Joy, the owner is a great guy I met when I first arrived and the food there is fabulous…We took a 2-3 hour intermission in the middle of the dancing and hung out in his upstairs lounge/balcony and people watched, it was GREAT! We wandered down the beach and stopped whenever the music suited us. There were bars playing anything and everything, Drum & Bass, Reggae, Psytrance, House, Top 40s, Hip-Hop etc. Dancing galore! Everyplace opened right onto the beach so you got an extra workout dancing in the sand :P We spent a lot of time dancing at Tommys where I ran into a ton of people I knew and after the sun rose over the ocean we followed the crowd down to Zoom Bar. I danced till 8 am and could have gone on all for another whole day but alas my crew was ready to retire and so we headed home to relax a bit skip the after party but maybe hit up the after after party which is closer to where we stay :) Overall I had a FANTASTIC time, it was a bit sad to see all the people pissing in the sea, and even funnier to see the really drunk ones falling down trying or passed out drunk all over the beach but its their hangover not mine….

1 comment:

Jon D said...

Sorry I missed this Full Moon Party but I hope to catch the next one you attend with you. Keep having the time of your life, I'll be here when you return.