Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bodhi Villa

The spot I am staying is divine! Bodhi Villa Chill Out is the name :) I am in a floating bungalow on the river, there is a little wooden walkway that goes out to room and the water facing side is just long wide curtains that blow in the wind. It is so beautiful and the sun rises over the opposite side of the river with the breeze waving the curtains so you catch glimpses of the sunrise but are not blinded by the light. We hung a hammock on the open side too so we can pull up the curtains and just lay in the hammock for a book or nap….absolutely fabulous spot. A great guy named Hugh (Aussie) owns the place and the bar is rockin every night and has a full stock of western favs (including the Captain :P). The food has been one of the best parts too, everything on the menu is delicious! We actually had to stay someplace else the first night in Kampot cause this place was full but it was worth the wait, my friend Tanya (from the Yoga school in Koh Phangan) recommended this spot and I will be giving her a big thank you for that! If you are in the area it’s a must! I am actually sorta sad to be moving on but I have been in Cambodia a while now and my visa is up soon so time to move on……

No comments: